First Impressions

Week one and flip learning for week two blog
I have begun my journey into the Mind lab with their course on Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Practice - Digital & Collaborative Learning.

So far i have been questioned on my thoughts around Knowledge and Education. I learnt a new word Epistemology meaning the study of knowledge. Who thought there was such a thing?

Leadership challenged the concept of followership (not to be confused with fellowship)  Again for me a new word / concept. I always thought a leader lead and we (workers) followed. Followership encourages a collaborative model of leading.

a good leader is one who encourages self development in themselve and others.

Week one bought about two weeks of study as we needed to revise week one and prepare for week two.

Week two we embark on looking at the New Zealand Curriculum Key Competencies and how they are embedded into our curriculum.

I am struggling with this concept as all I have taught in is the new curriculum. to see change from old to new is hard, from current to improvement also tricky as my understanding is limited to the one school i have taught at.


Comments