Jodie Hunter DIMC Math



After listening to Jodie Hunter at the recent Education Summit 2018 in Christchurch and hearing about her work through my involvment in a local intermediate school I reached out to her and asked if she would mind if I emailed her as I was currently doing a Mindlab Post Grad and my focus was on improving my students math skills. She accepted and has recently been in contact. She sent me two readings Maintaing a Cultural Identity While Constructing a Mathematical Disposition as a Pasifika Learner ,  looking at Inquring Communities and Deficit Theories, Using a Contextual Pāsifika Patterning Task to Support Generalisation , looking at how math exists within culture and theinfluence algebra has on mathematical learning, and an invitation to join her facebook page.

Comments