Week 13 Gamification

The learning around Gameification is inspiring

Play a 10 minute game is our flip and think about what they have created to keep you hooked.

Well I can do that without even playing the game. I do not like computer games as I am so uncoordinated that I get frustrated before I get hooked. I have had my boy video me as I learn to play and Snap chat his friends with it as he believes I am as funny as all else.

I find it hard to engage in games. So I stuggled with this challenge and I think I lasted 3 min.

I played a Maori language learning game
What I liked, the pictures and the fact I was learning
What I didn't like, that to move the person I needed to use the arrow keys on my computer and it was hard for me to coordinate
What worked, the set a challenge around unlocking keys, within the challenge it was timed and rewarded by number of stars.
Would I play it for a period of time, its a big fat NO.

Comments